The following is what is almost certainly a previously unknown photograph of the clearing of Victoria Park in 1909. The image was taken by Edward Faraday Odlum and is shown here courtesy of Ms. Ruth Raymond, a descendant.
This is a view of the as-yet-uncleared Park looking north from the south-east corner of Grant Street & Victoria Drive. The houses are on what was then Bismark Street (now Kitchener). The old Fire Hall and the Queen Anne-style Jeff’s House at Charles & Salsbury can be seen in the background.
This is a marvelous addition to our knowledge of the Park and we thank Ms. Raymond most sincerely for sharing this treasure with us, and to James Evans for forwarding it..