Just a reminder that our monthly meeting is this Thursday at 7pm at the Britannia Board Room in the Info Centre on Napier Street. It should be a busy meeting with a number of interesting items to consider, including:
- A review of the Community Plan Heritage & Character Workshop of last week;;
- GHG’s role in expanding the Heritage Register in Grandview;
- A look at the community’s view of “heritage value” as indicated by the Community Plan surveys;
- The notion of a Neighbourhood Heritage Design panel;
- the Commercial Drive BIA’s design guidelines for the Drive;
- Heritage Awards (deadline Jan 28);
- The 2013 Centenary House sign campaign;
- The use of concrete;
- The House History event in March;
- Anything else that crops up.
So, lots to talk about! Do come and join us for a lively informal discussion about heritage and history and the future of our neighbourhood.